Re: Panic

Thu Dec 19 02:32:39 2002

At Wed, 18 Dec 2002, anonymous wrote: >Dear One,

You have found the right place. What is happening to you is so very scary but we are here to walk that road with you. You must be in terrible pain. Please tell that to your doc as you do not need to suffer as much physically on top of this mental anguish. Heck, tell the doc of your panic attacks too and they have stuff for that too. Many here have had lots of obstructions, some with countless surgeries. You are not alone. Go to the message archives and punch in some of your symptoms and read how other faired thruogh these things. You might be surprised and maybe not so scared. With one post you are instantly part of the family. You need to eat!! and drink lots! Ask your doc if you should be on a low residue or high fiber diet. Food can equal pain but it can also equal strenght. Read through the archives about how you can advocate for yourself with grace and dignaty. Most docs don't consider the pains and troubles of ARD real and think we are wingnuts. Really we have just been desparate to have our pain validated. To feel we are being cared for. Thats the best thing about IAS. It is the start of a grand education about all the things that happen to us. It is full of medical knowledge, patients rights and self advocacy. Go throught the site with a fine tooth comb and I promise you will feel empowered to fight the fight. My email should be at the top of this response. you can email me anytime, to rant or cry or just shoot the breeze to take your mind off things. Consider leaving your story on the quilt so we may know more about you and how you came to be an ARD sufferer....when your ready. Welcome home, just in time for the holidays. We are right here! Much Love, Dawn

>Hi Everyone, this is my first post. I only recently found this sight
>and am so grateful that I am not alone!! I had 2 emergency surgeries for
>bowel obstructions caused by adhesions which occurred 10 weeks apart.
>Now I feel like I am in a constant state of panic that I am having an
>obstruction. I feel scared to go too far away from the hospital "just
>in case". It seems to be getting worse, I am actually scared to eat
>just in case they need to open me up. Since I experience daily pain, I
>am never really sure if I am experiencing an obstruction or it's just my
>daily adhesion pain. My GI put me on levbid, which doesn't really help,
>and I've had diareaha for the past 5 days. Does this sound familiar to
>anyone? Thank you for any responses.
>Heater

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: