Re: some advice please?

Thu Dec 12 08:45:12 2002

Dear Linda:

Do you know what is the cause of the pain with your periods? Often this is caused by endometriosis, and/or fibroids. If the pain is caused by endo, there are other options, including a micro surgery (which lowers the chance of adhesion formation) for excision of endo. You are only 30, and a hyst is a drastic step to take.

That said, you are the only one who has to live in your body, and you will make the best decision. Please get as much information as possible before having any surgery. It has been proven that in a surprising number of cases, a hysterectomy does not cure endo, or help problematic adhesions. Linda, I'm not so sure that we are all saying "don't have a hyst", but more like "please be aware that it may not make things better, and it could make things worse."

Please let me know if I can be of any help. Sincere best wishes. Clare

At Wed, 11 Dec 2002, linda garcia wrote: >
>Hi all hope you are all hanging in there today. I know all of you are telling me not to have the hysterectomy, but since last month's period and this one, I can't take it anymore. I have always had painful periods, but these have been the worst, I have been wanting to just die for the last couple days. I took 2 ultram this morning with 4 advil, It did not touch the pain this time. What am I to do? I took two more 6 hours later and it finally took the "edge" off.
>
>I am so confused I am 30 done haveing kids so please let me know what ya'll think
>
>love
>
>--
>Linda Garcia
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: