Re: Gallbladder surgery adhesions

Sun Dec 8 19:54:19 2002

I had my gall bladder removed on 3/22/00. I've been in chronic pain ever since. I finally had surgery on 07/29/02. Despite numerous tests & Drs. saying I was "NORMAL", I was full of adhesions. My pancreas, colon, duodenum, intestines were adherred to my liver with dense tenacious adhesions. Although the surgery did not relieve me of pain it proved I was not a "NUT" as so many Drs. insinuated thru the last 2 3/4 yrs. Seprafilm was used in four different places but apparently this did not help. I will not have another surgery until I can have Confluent Spray Gel used. I just grin & bear the pain. I use ice packs a lot. I don't get much sleep at night, laying down seems to aggravate the pain. I am being forced to return to my job of 21 years despite the pain because a panel of Drs. hired by employer said I was "NORMAL" & could work an 8 hr. day, 40 hr. a week job. I honestly don't know how I will manage thru an hour let alone 8 but I have no alternative. I almost went crazy from the pain & stress before I went on long term disability, so I'm not looking forward to the same cycle again. I wish I had a ray a hope to give but I'm still looking for a competent pain management Dr. who will help me with pain relief so I can get on with my "NORMAL" life. Take Care. Rita in AZ NyCurlyz14@aol.com wrote: Hello, I've been having pains where my gallbladder is and my doctor won't do anything about it. He says that I don't have many symptoms. I'm very sick and don't know what to do. I don't know the other symptoms and if someone could tell me what some of them are so that I can finally feel better I would be truly greatful! Thank you! Please email me @ NyCurlyz14@aol.com

At Mon, 28 May 2001, Suze wrote: >
>Hi Susan,
>Yes I can relate to what you are saying. I may be a little bit different as my
>gallbladder surgery went wrong, and things have not got a lot better since.
>Mine was done 8 years ago now and I have had 18 surgerys since all but three
>have been adhesion related. I have had three since last August, my bowel
>became frozen with them and in my last surgery six weeks ago they found my
>liver had folded over and was stuck down by the adhesions.
>You are so right it sure can hurt and cause lots of trouble. Its the old story
>if I knew then what i know now, would I have had my gall bladder out? For me
>id say yes as mine was full of stones and diseased.
>Hope your pain isnt to bad today
>take care
>thinking of you
>Suze
>
>Susan wrote:
>
>> Has anyone been bothered by what they think are adhesions from
>> gallbladder surgery?This is very uncomfortable.It has been a year since
>> my Lap gallbladder surgery and this has just started bothering me really
>> bad.I mean it has been sore there for a year but this is very
>> uncomfortable.I think if people knew how this feels no one would have