nausea

Mon Nov 11 09:40:20 2002

Just to put in my 2 cents re: nausea and vomiting, and that's really all it's worth! I have had several bouts with nausea and vomiting or gagging everytime I tried to eat. It seemed to last until I could get my stomach starting to work again. I did this by just sipping Boost or Ensure or even broth. Whatever sounded good to me at the time. Have Melissa try to slowly get her stomach going again. Anything that sounds good to her, try eating just small bites slowly. When I had the gagging problem, the more I thought about it, the more I gagged. I distracted my mind by concentrating on a good TV show and slowly eating or drinking something. It may take several days of doing this but I bet it will slowly get better. I also had to distract my mind when trying to get pills down. If I didn't think about the gagging they'd go down. This sounds simplistic, I know, but when it's been a while since your stomach has digested food, it may respond to the slow approach. Once I got liquids to go down and stay down, I worked up to softer foods like pudding and mashed potatoes. I hope this will help her. They do have antinausea suppositories if she can't keep anything down orally. In friendship, Debby

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: