Has anyone had success with motility medications

Mon Nov 11 01:57:18 2002

I have not posted nor read for a while, I guess it may be a form of denial of the prospect of Zacs future with adhesions. He is 6 years old and has been a sufferer since birth. To know more please read the quilt.

After a life time of laxatives we recently went cold turkey and took all the laxs away to trial something natural and to find allthough he did not go for about 10 days, when he did it was soft. His paedriatrian had suspected he had a motility problem.

My question is does anyone know of any good but safe ways to speed up the transit times of the bowel.

We had an ECG done of his heart but they said his QTs were too fast after putting him on cisapride. So he is no-longer on anything but laxatives.

I would like a hear from those who regularly suffer stomach, back and leg pain systematically with distended stomach, and ways to relieve it. As a parent it is so frustrating and a feeling of helplessness and not sure what I can do to support him during those nasty pain times. Your advise would be so appreciated. Regards Evelyn watsayyou@xtra.co.nz

--
mums the word

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: