Home

Sun Nov 10 22:18:40 2002

Just wanted to let you all know that I am home from the hospital. I dealt with another round of urosepsis and am now getting antibiotic treatments iv treatments from home. While in the hospital they replaced the nephrostomy tubes and attempted to change the stents. They were unable to replace both stents so will be attempting that again this week. My doctor has decided that I must have all tubes and stents changed at three weeks duration. Most people have their's left in for a few months but I can't even get to the one month date before I become septic. I don't know when it is going to happen, but I will be having a porta-cath in.....its a permanent iv access that they will place into my chest. I have always been a very hard stick and iv access has always been extremely difficult. Too often they have had to rely on central lines. Now I am developing scar tissue in my neck that makes that central line placement very difficult so it is time for the porta-cath. I had a doctor tell me almost ten years ago that I needed one....I don't know why it hasn't been done before now.

Anyway, I feel like I have been hit by a Mack Truck. I am literally exhausted. It is an effort to get off the bed. I need your prayers right now. I am so discouraged....so tired of the fight.

For those of you waiting to hear from me, Brenda, Susie, others with disability questions, Jo and my other dear friends (Jo, I haven't heard from you in ages.....I miss you so much) you will be hearing from me. I just need to gather some strength.

Love to each and every one of you.

Karla

U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive medley & videos from Greatest Hits CD

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: