Re: DAVE..THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....

Thu Oct 31 11:09:52 2002

Good morning to you to dear, it is so nice that you sent me such a warm greeting as we start ouur day in very bone chilling weather, hoping for a bit of pain relief. But I do'nt worry because God will see me through. I live about 20 miles north of Oklahoma City going straight out on Portland street in OKC. Does Arkansas have a reduction in the amount of prescription drugs that the medicaid will pay for? The reason that I asked, is because on the twenty first of September, I recieved a letter from the Oklahoma Healthcare Authority claiming that they will no longer pay for more than five prescriptions per month. I only have eleven, and the first five are narcotics. They also asked that we not contact their office in response because it is a new state law and there is nothing that we can get done about it. Phooey on that, I wrote my Senators, and Congressman, and State Representatives, as well as the Federal Government. The reason I did al of this was not only for myself, but for the other 139,000 Oklahomans that need more than Five medications per month. I also had my doctor prescribe me a two months supply, up to the limit that medicaid will pay for, because my prescriptions cost right at 2400.00 monthly. I told them that if they choose not to pay for medication that will help me, then they will be paying emergency room bills when I run out of medication, and when I run out I may have to visit the emergency room daily, or every few days until I get relief. I am hoping to get it through their stupid heads that it will be much less costly to pay for my meds than to pay hospital bills. Also the state is supposed to contribute 17 million dollars to the health fund, in order to qualify for the 43 million that they recieve in matching funds from the Government. But the state decided to take the funds from healthcare and put a dome on our state capitol. I snitched out the healthcare Authority for wasting our money and cutting our meds down to five per month. Do you have this problem in Arkansas? I love Arkansas. We went there on spring break and went to the quachita mountains and the lake. Then we went to Littlerock, and it was the first time that I ever went to a horse race and my first and only two dollar bet yeilded me 850.00, so we went to the mineral bathhouses and then returned to our camping trip. Twenty years has past, but I never will forget the fun we had. If I ever get legal to drive,( as I am not legal on all the narcotics,) I may set it up to come visit you and your hubby, and we may have to try our luck at the track or maybe fishing. Well got lots to do so I best go for now. God Bless You and Comfort You and I'll keep you in my prayers. Dave

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: