Re: DAVE, A QUESTION FOR YOU..REGUARDING THE PATCH

Mon Oct 28 10:32:33 2002

Dave, How do you function on 300 level duragesic patches? I was up to the 100's...actually I think I was at 125 when they discontinued them because my respirations were so depressed. This didn't occur once either...it was an ongoing problem. I must apologize for assuming that Cindy was talking about my mention of liquid morphine. I had addressed that in an email last night, but when I read my emails this morning they were posted out of order so I didn't realize that, yes, she was addressing you. My apologies to both of you. Karla Littlerock29@aol.com wrote: Morphine in liquid form is all well and good except the body demands more as the pain increases, just as with the patch. the patch comes in 50,75,and100uhg. and they are as any other meds in that you have to sometimes increase the dosage or the frequency of use. Myself, I use three 100uhg every 48 hrs as instead of the recommended 72hr change because of the pain. Then their are demerol suppositories and delaudid, but only use delaudid if you have good kidneys and drink plenty of fluids. A lot of people dont realize that the body is 98% water and we should all be drinking at least a gallon of water a day. Sounds like a lot but it is highly recomended. Keeping you in prayer Dave

Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: