Re: Just a few questions.

Thu Oct 24 00:38:28 2002

I am sorry that you took my response offensively. It was not intended to be that way. If the state agency that processed your claim did not obtain the medical records from the sources that you provided to you then you certainly should report the agency. Contact your senators, your congressmen. Let them know that they are not doing their jobs. But, you don't really need a lawyer to do that. After each denial you have the right to review your claims folder to see what information was used to decide your claim. Have you been found disabled yet? When you complete your forms they should be completed as if it was your worst day. Don't minimize things. Don't be afraid to mention that you suffer from depression...if you do. (Who doesn't with this disease?) Be very specific. Don't just say that you suffer from severe pain. What is severe pain? To you it might be one thing...but to the next person it might be totally different. The word severe is too subjective. As basic as it sounds, we must spell everything out for them. Please....I am not trying to make you out to be a fruit cake. I certainly understand your frustrations. Your condition does not have to be life threatening in order to be found disabled. And, as you stated, you do not have to be denied three times. Nor is there an age requirement. My three year old granddaughter has a claim in for SSI benefits because of very severe ADHD. That, in itself, says that a disability does not have to be life threatening. Who ever gave you this information was totally erroneous and I would report them to their superiors. My statement in response was that it really is unnecessary to contact an attorney until you reach the hearings level of appeal. I have witnessed on a number of occasions where an attorney screwed up someone's case because they did not file an appeal on time because they were too busy. Even your request for a hearing can be filed by yourself. All you have to do is give them the attorney' s name. The only time the attorney becomes involved is when you are scheduled for the hearing and sit in front of the judge. It is very paramount that people carefully pick their attorney. Find someone that knows the Social Security laws inside and out. When I initially filed for disability I had been diagnosed with "probable" MS. My attorney knew the regulations inside and out and knew that there existed a "disability" for people who, regardless of whether they had the actual disease or not, believed that they did and had it affecting their lives. When I had my hearing, I was fortunate enough to have had a judge who was a member of the Michigan MS Society. He believed me. But regardless of that, he would have found me disabled (he actually told me this) because of this regulation that my attorney had cited. It is also this attorney that made me aware of the necessity of getting a letter from your doctor that clearly states that you are disabled for Social Security benefits and why. This letter must also be very specific and not subjective. It was a friend of mine who wrote a letter for the doctor to sign in regards to her daughter's claim. Since she told me of how willing her doctor was to sign it, I have followed those same steps a number of times. My doctor has always been willing to sign each and every letter. I know that I have been long and windy. I apologize for causing you to think that I was attacking you. I had no intentions of that. I would like to assist you in any means possible. Karla dam_iame@bellsouth.net wrote:You know, it just so nice to see how people can shoot down anything and everything someone says regardless of what they have been going through!! In my last response to this post I told only what had been happening to me, and I will say again, everybody is different in every way!!!! I know for a fact that the Social Security people here in Florida have been denying me for over 3 1/2 years now and I just had to hire a lawyer!!! Now, some places are different I agree, but I based my post on MY experience!!!!!! Which in this case Social Security DID NOT do their job!!!! When requesting my medical records, they DID NOT request ANYTHING from ANY of my 16 surgeries!!! Nor did the ever request anything from any of my 6 Doctor's!!!!! That is why I had to hire a lawyer!!!! I just didn't want to see anyone else have to go through the crap I did and am STILL going through to get what they are entitled to!!! I don't take kindly to being made out to sound like a fruit cake that doesn't know what shes talking about, because I will tell you all right now,,, I DO KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!! As with anything,,, everybody is different and every Social Security office handles cases differently!!! I was told 3 years ago when I first filed for SSI & SSD that #1 I was to young, #2 My condition was not "life threatening" and #3 that I had to be denied 3 times { which is not true}!! I just didn't want to see this person have to endure the hell I have been through and am STILL going through with Social Security!!!! And as for exercise,,, ask your Doctor if you don't believe me!!! Again,,, everyone is different and so are Doctor's so I suggest you ask your Doctor!!! Everybody on this site has their own opinions of which they are entitled to,,,, but that does not give them the right to judge or to degrade another persons opinions,,,, most of these people are only speaking from their experiences just like myself!!!! And again,,, what happens to one person may not happen to another,,, keep that in mind when your reading this message board,,, if you have real questions,,, I suggest you take them to your Doctor!!!!

At Tue, 22 Oct 2002, K Nygren wrote: >
>Having worked for the Social Security Administration and having been disabled twice myself, I can tell you that there is absolutely no reason to hire an attorney until you have been denied twice. The attorney is not involved in your claim, other then perhaps helping you fill out forms, until you reach the hearings level which is after you have been denied twice....the initial claim and the reconsideration. It is only at the hearings level that you and your attorney will argue your claim in front of the administrative law judge. It is possible to get disability based on adhesions, but so much depends on how you complete the papers and exactly how your doctor phrases his answers to them. Everything must be extremely specific and not subjective. I, myself, have written the letters for the doctors (for both Social Security disability and VA disability) and brought them in for their signatures. They have gladly signed them each and every time and at the same time they said!
what needed to be said and it was said correctly. If you have any questions let me know. >Karla
> dam_iame@bellsouth.net wrote:Some Doctor's will tell you that doing "sit-up's" can help to "pop" the
>adhesions,,, each person is different and what might work for some may
>not work for you,, but it certainly can not hurt!
>As for getting Disability for Adhesions is very hard to get since they
>really don't know an awful lot about them. { Social Security }
>Also it is very hard to get any kind of disabilty if your under the age
>of 50. I have been trying for 3 years to get disability for my
>adhesions since I happen to be one of the women that mass produces
>adhesions. Take it from someone who is "still" fighting for
>disabilty,,, after your first fenial,,, take that "denial letter"
>straight to a Lawyer and begin your fight. DO NOT wait until you have
>been denied 3 times like they say,,, you can get a lawyer after the
>first denial.
>Best of luck to you.
>Denise
>
>At Tue, 22 Oct 2002, EVETTA74@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>Hello everyone. My name is Evetta, and I've posted on here a couple of times.
>>Unfortunatly, I am still in pain. I was just wondering if anyone out here has
>>expierenced any type of pain while sitting down? If so, can you please offer
>>me some useful tips on how to alleviate the pain other than strong pain meds.
>> Also, I wanted to know if anyone has tried to get disability for adhesions
>>and the pain and suffering it brings with it. Thank you for taking the time
>>to read this. Any and all tips and suggestions are welcome.

Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: