Re: Karla, Raven and matured adhesions

Thu Oct 24 00:14:23 2002

Cheryl, I originally went on disability in 1987. In 1998, after 26 surgeries, I felt that perhaps I could try to go back to work. At that stage I was only having one or two surgeries a year and felt that I could possibly work again. I had already used up my one trial work period (back then you only got one....now you get two). After a year of working I became critically ill and could no longer work. I had to refile for beneifits. I believed, when I first filed, that I knew a lot about the process and how to successfully obtain them, but, I truly learned a lot more when I filed for benefits the second time around. With my first claim I had to go all the way through the hearings level. The second claim was allowed at the reconsideration level. The adjudicator told me on the phone that the only reason he could not allow it at the initial claims level was because he did not have the authority to combine different medical problems in order to make my disability bad enough to be allowed for Social Security. My reconsideration was reversed within two weeks of filing the appeal. It was at this stage that I provided my first letter from the doctor. I hope this explains things a little better. Karla Cheryl <woodenflower52@aol.com> wrote:Karla, You mentioned in a post that you had been disabled twice. Can you explain that a little more. Were you on disability and then they took you off it? Did you have to re-apply? To the lady whose Dr. told her that her adhesions had "matured" I agree that sounds like a pile of crap!! They only get denser, thicker and more problematic. If they turned into muscle we could all be weight lifters!! Let Raven know I am praying for her. Also has anyone heard if Sally had surgery yet? Painfree hugs and love to everyone.....Cheryl Cole

Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: