Re: how long after adhesion surgery do you bounce back?

Sun Oct 20 21:04:13 2002

Hi There Judy...i will tell you my experience with the last surgery i had for adhesions...I had my adhesion surgery laproscopic (plus a 4 inch bikini line incision) On Monday before last Thanksgiving..last year..and on Thursday morning i was up and cooking a feast for about 20 people..i felt great after being in horrible pain for a year..following my TAH..Oct 12 2000...and i felt great for about 4 or 5 weeks and then the pain started gradually coming back ..and it got worse and worse and worse with each passing week...because the adhesions came back..you see..because adhesions start forming right away after surgery..and continue to form for a week or so..and then after that they get harder and brittle..and start pulling your organs in directions they should not be pulling in...and today i am in constant horrible pain again...the only relief i get is from..ongoing opoid pain control. The sad part is Judy..that i had an adhesion barrier..and my Dr filled me up with Ringers Lactate as well..to try and prevent the return of the adhesions..but that DID NOT work..and here i am now in worse pain than i was in before that last surgery Nov 19 2001....But there is hope..i am planning on going to Germany to have surgery..and CONFLUENT SPRAY GEL..THE ONLY adhesion barrier that Drs are having good success with...This spray gel is not approved yet in the USA tho..So many of us are going to Germany and also to Australia...for surgery and the spray gel..so these darned adhesions dont come back again..Some people on this board Judy have had..10-15-even 20 surgerys for adhesions..all to have them return again right away..and often times much much worse..So i wont be having any more surgerys until i can have surgery with Confluent Spray Gel.. Hugs and Love Tish. P.S. If i can help you in anyway Judy please feel free to email me at CookieTish@aol.com or just right me back here..

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: