Re: Severe Side Effects to Duragesic Patch 25 in 90year old woman

Sat Oct 12 05:14:07 2002

Hi I have the 75mg patch and I use cyclozine 50mg three times a day to keep the sickness at bay. I know exactly how your mother feels. I kept getting hungry but as soon as I ate something I felt sick. So I tend to live on soup or small snack food.

Sometimes when you take a lot of opiates it affects the flora in your bowels, and that can make you feel sick as well. I take yakult every day to restore the natural bacteria in my bowels. I am not saying that's what is wrong with your mother but it might be worth looking into.

In Friendship Kath Findlay The UK Adhesion Society http://www.adhesions.org.uk Kath.Findlay@adhesions.org.uk

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of anonymous Sent: 11 October 2002 00:36 To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Severe Side Effects to Duragesic Patch 25 in 90year old woman

I sure could do with some help regarding severe side effects my 90 year old mom is having with the Duragesic Patch (25mg). The inability to keep food down is the major side effect and in the absence of food, there is much heaving.

She suffers from severe chronic pain in the back and hip areas. The doctor has tried pain killers other than "opiates". Nothing works. The patch, on the other hand, alleviates the pain but the side effects are not lessened by the anti-nausea drugs that she takes in conjunction with the patch. I believe our doctor is trying his best, but it's not always the doctor who has the best answers.

If you have experienced the same type of side effects with the patch and have been able to overcome them, I surely would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks so much.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: