To have surgery or not to have surgery, that is the question...

Tue Oct 1 07:42:45 2002

Good morning everyone, it has been a while since I have posted. My focus has been on my husband who was diagnosed with cancer and had surgery. At the present time he is cancer free but has to be followed very closely. He is only 45 yrs. old. On top of that stress is dealing with my adhesions. I have had 7 surgeries, everything from an ectopic pregnancy(this I believe started the adhesion nightmare), hysterectomy, bowel resection, bowel obstruction, you name it, I probably had it! My last surgery was Oct. of 2000 with Drs. Redan & Riech, who did an excellent job. They were able to do the surgery laproscopically, although with some difficulty. They could not gain access through my belly button. I did well for over a year but the adhesions are back with a vengance. I spent my Sunday at an urgent care facility, and received an injection of pain medication. I seem to get an injection every month or so. The facility is familiar with my history and are quite sympathetic. I called my primary care physicans office and am going in today to discuss my options. I also talked with Dr. Redan via e-mail. As you all understand, it is so difficult to make a decision to have another surgery. I try to keep a pain journal and when the bad days outweigh the good, I give in. I just hate dealing with the insurance, the phone calls, the money, etc. Pain management is always an alternative, but it just delays the inevitable. I guess I just need to think. Right now I don't have much quality to my life, and I have so much I want to do. Thank you for listening, and my heart goes out to all of you who are suffering. At least we have each other, Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: