Re: Scheduled for a pelvic CT scan without contrast.

Tue Sep 17 21:04:12 2002

At Mon, 16 Sep 2002, cathy:- wrote: >
>I have 2 different takes on your situation... On the one hand, it is
>really really really important to understand that you are the peron who
>has to ultimately be responsible for your treatment because you are the
>person who has to live in your body! So if you are getting vibes out of
>your doc that he is blowing you off, and/or that he is clueless, then
>that is really important and don't ignore this. On the other hand, from
>your description of the situation having this test does not sound
>totally off-the-wall. You do have a history of colon cancer. They can
>do lots of different tests with scopes the go inside your colon, but
>there are things that they can only see on a CT scan, too. Given your
>history and your symptoms, it is very possible that the purpose of the
>test is to make sure that they don't see something else besides
>adhesions that's in there causing the problems.
>
>Oh, and there is one other thing. For the most part adhesions are
>invisible on a CT scan, but very severe adhesions can be visible. And
>depending upon what is going on in there, the CT scan can sometimes see
>that different parts of your anatomy have been pulled out of shape and
>into strange positions by the adhesions. So the test is not totally
>useless even when it comes to an adhesion diagnosis -- sometimes you get
>lucky and see something that for someone else can only be seen via more
>surgery.
>
>At Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Esther wrote:
>>
>>HI I have been here reading for a month. Let me explain my situation. I am a 53 old
>>female who has been having alot of medical problems lately. In 1953 I had appedics
>>removed, in 1971 I had pelvic infammatory disease caused by a IUD. At this time I was
>>so sick I thought I was going to die , weighed approximately 87 pounds due to this had
>>a complete hysterectomy at that time it was called a bikini operation thru the bottom of
>>my stomach. About nine years ago I had my gallbladder removed microsopically from
>>which I got a hernia this was sugically fixed by cutting an opening and putting a screen
>>in there to hold it in place, after this I had severe diahrea so they did a colonoscopy,
>>they removed two polyps, six months later another colonoscopy this time there were two
>>larger polyps that looked cancerous so I had to have a sigmoidectomy they removed 4 ft
>>of my intestines, by the way worst surgery I ever had. the polyps were precancerous but
>>were found early enough, almost one year later two more polyps removed they were ok.
>>Docter said my bloating was due to adhesions, I am a small women 5'2 never weighed
>>over 125 lbs in my life now weighing 160 and looking like I am nine months pregnant
>>only bigger then I got when I had my three children. So i went back to the surgion and
>>he says oh no you don't have adhesions you would be throwing up. He ordered a CT
>>scan with/contrast. I went to pick up my prep kit and asked to speak with a radiologist. I
>>asked him if adhesions would show up on this test, he said no not unless they are in
>>your small bowel, I was so mad thet this doctor I had trusted was sending me for a test
>>that was going to come back negative at my expense, now I am so angry I don't know
>>what to do. I think I should get all my medical records and go somewhere else instead
>>of this one horse town where all they doctors are in cohoot, please any one do you
>>have any other suggestions,,Mad In Montana Good luck to all that are suffering with
>>this problem!!!!! Esther
>>
>--
>cathy :-)
>

Hi Cathy, I am sorry that I sounded so negative about my doctors but I have never really had any luck with doctors for one reason or another, I am going to have the ct scan and see what he says after..One question if he was in there he cut from below my breasts to right below my hairline, had me wide open, removed part of my intestines would he not have seen the scar tissue???? And if he did I wonder why he did not do anything at that time?? This has been going on a long time now. I just I just don't understand. Thanks for your reply and God Bless You Esther

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: