Disability Evaluation Under Social Security...

Fri Aug 30 17:27:41 2002

Disability Evaluation Under Social Security: SSA Pub. No. 64-039 May 2002

X> Listing of Impairments:

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/AdultListings.htm

1.) Click: 12.00 Mental Disorders

2.) Scroll down to and click: 12.07 Somatoform disorders

"12.07 Somatoform disorders: Physical symptoms for which there are no demonstrable organic findings or known physiological mechanisms." (There is more to read here!)

As you read the rest of the information about Somatoform disorders, I think you will recognize the similarities between Somatoform disorder and adhesion-related disorder (ARD); however, I think it is very unfortunate that this disorder is listed under "Mental Disorders" - mainly because so many of us have been told that our pain " is all in our head!"

~ ~ ~ ~

X> Tina Shelby posted the following on the IAS Message Board on May 24, 2002:

I just want to encourage you with getting disability. I went through the disability routine and after 2 years I finally got it. I also want to give you a tip to help you. Put most of the emphsas on the neuropathy. Diabetics win disability cases due to diabetic neuropathy of the legs. Neuropathic pain is an acceptable disability diagnosis. I hope this helps you - let me know how your case turns out. I have said a prayer for you to win your case. Good luck and God bless, Tina

~ ~ ~ ~

[Note: I scanned through the Neurological impairments; but I didn't find any information that was similar to the symptoms of ARD.]

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: