Re: Went To Another Doc Tuesday..

Fri Aug 30 15:16:00 2002

Lynn, Thanks for being so caring. I am very limited to Doctors in this area. I have been to the ER so many times it ain't funny and as soon as I mention the word Adhesions they look at me like I'm crazy. I ended up at the ER last July about 2 weeks before they did surgery on me for the removal of adhesions, I was dehydrated, running a fever, and a elevated blood count, the ER Doc called in a Surgeon she came in and ckecked me out and then told me that she was sure that I needed Surgery but that she wouldn't touch me with a 10 foot pole because she wasn't in the business of cleaning up other people's messes and just left me. I had one Surgeon who took out my Gallbladder and my appendix plus 13 surgeries for the adhesions. I had complications everytime he operated on me, from abcesses to staph infection you name it I had it. I went to the only other Surgeon in this area that would even talk to me and he did Surgery on me the 29th of April and I was in Surgery for 5 1/2 hours and Intensive Care for 5 days and then 17 days later he operated on me again this time it was almost 7 hours and I was in Intensive Care for 7 days. I spent a total of 38 days in the hospital and they removed 111 inches of my intestine. I was on 4 kinds of antibiotics everyday that I was in the Hospital and I have been on them everyday since I came home on June 4. I was having anywhere from 25-30 Bowel movements a day and then on Sunday Night I started having problems going to the bathroom and I have had blood in my stools ever since surgery. I went to see a Doctor in another town on Tuesday and he thinks that I have an obstruction and wanted me to come and see the Surgeon that operated on me last but he won't see me anymore because I lost my Insurance Coverage. So I feel like I'm sitting on a time bomb waiting to eplode. The Surgeon told us if he had to open me up again it could kill me and I also know that an obstruction could kill me too, so I have no idea what to do or which way to turn. Sorry to be so long winded it's just that I am so terrified I don't know what to do. Thanks for listening. Love, Bobbi

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: