IF.....................

Sat Aug 17 14:15:01 2002

X> IF.....................

A laparotomy in 1970 changed my life forever!!!! It took me 27 years before I found a doctor, who listened to me, believed me, and told me a diagnostic laparoscopy IS the only way to know for sure if adhesions or endometriosis were the cause of my constant pain. ADHESIONS!!! I had never heard of adhesions before!!!

Over a span of 27 years, I experienced ALL of the "If's" that I've listed below. If you've gone from doctor to doctor to doctor - and you've being given the run-a-round - adhesions may be the cause of your pain.....

.....If all of your diagnostic tests have been normal. .....If you're told your symptoms are functional in origin.

.....If you've been told stress is causing your pain.

.....If you've been told, " It's all in your head " - or something similar.

.....If you've been told an allergy may be the cause of your pain.

.....If your doctor has been so insensitive as to laugh at you - as one of mine did!!

.....If you've been told there is nothing wrong; and yet you continue to experience pain.

.....If your doctor says you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - but you don't have classic IBS symptoms (alternating constipation and diarrhea).

.....If your doctor tells you that - since your pain radiates to other parts of your abdomen - Fibromyalgia is the cause of your pain .

.....If your doctor suggests you need to have a mental health evaluation.

.....If your doctor prescribes muscle relaxants and/or tranquilizers - and never prescribes pain medications.

.....If your doctor says you will have to find a way to " learn to live with it."

.....If a doctor says you're wasting their time!! This actually happened to me at the Mayo Clinic!!!

Why is it so important to learn as much as you can about adhesions-related disorder (ARD)? Only if you've educated yourself about ARD, will you be able to recognize if your doctor is actually telling you the truth!!!!!!!! It's never too late to begin!!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: