Ann-Re: Wait until you hear this!

Sat Aug 17 04:32:19 2002

Ann,

I had a tubal ligation in 1990 which resulted in periods lasting for 2 weeks every two weeks. I finally had them reversed which straightened out my periods. I had back pain pretty regularly but did not know to associate it with anything. I thought maybe I had just been on my feet too long. An ectopic pregnancy in 1998 was what revealed my adhesions. They were the cause of the ectopic pregnancy then and also others that had taken care of themselves. I wish I had never had my tubes tied to begin with. If I knew then what I know now, I would be a pain free woman. I have had 8 surgeries, 6 out of the 8 were direct links to adhesions or the problems they can cause. I am tired of wasting my time on doctors who want to pass the buck. My husband and I are working on going to Pennsylvania to have surgery with Dr. Gerhart. I am so excited and for once I truly feel hope. I encourage you and everyone else to do what is right for your body. You are the one who has to be comfortable with it and your decisions. I feel like that is my only and best option right now. I hope you will find a place of comfort and peace as well. I sure do appreciate all my adhesion sisters.

Wishing you all pain free and happy days! Love, Jenny

>I can understand your shock for sure....I had both my tubes and ovaries
>removed in 1983, 11 yrs. later on my annual exam the Dr felt some kind
>of mass..after some tests it showed that he had left a piece of tube and
>ovary which somehow had a blood supply for all those yrs....then somehow
>became dislodged and formed a mass..the Dr that had done the original
>surgery was in another state, my new Dr. said she had to get in there
>and remove it, a laproscope would be used first to exam it then she
>would have to open me up....all came back benign, she said residual
>tubes and ovaries happen more often than patients realize, I was
>shocked....when you sign that consent form you expect things to be done
>the right way...that surgery unfortunately was the beginning of all my