Re: INTER-TISSUAL SCARRING FROM A LAPAROTOMY

Tue Aug 13 23:11:14 2002

Helen,

I couldn't agree with you more about the promise of SprayGel.... as one of the recent recipients of the "SprayGel" experience I can only gage it's success based on my own personal past experiences. Firstly, my recovery time was sooo much better; I was out of bed within hours chatting to family & friends on the Internet. I continued to have a good recovery until my bowel decided to let us know it didn't want to work.

As it was explained to me by Dr Jason Abbott (my surgeon) he said that SprayGel works by keeping the surface areas slippery, so that the raw areas worked on during surgery have time to heal without the scar tissue or adhesions as we call them have an opportunity to attach to the abdominal cavity and an organ for example, or another area of the abdominal cavity. SprayGel only stays in our body for five to seven days, after that, we are on our own, and as we all know we are still healing weeks after the surgery actually takes place.

The heavy focus on making sure my bowel is working is to keep it moving, because if it stops, there is a danger of my bowel being stuck down again!! I am very happy with the results of my surgery and the outcomes from the use of SprayGel. In all six kits were used to cover a considerable area of my abdominal cavity and as Helen says, it's only a matter of time before we know for sure just HOE effective SprayGel has been.

I am excited happy and pain free so far and I will do my best not to over do things and put into danger my long term recovery from the horrible and debilitating pain I was experiencing prior to surgery.

I believe that the car accident I was in just a week after my previous surgery, which caused internal bleeding was the major contributor to my rapid decline in health and increase in pain.

I may never be totally "pain free" BUT so far I am adhesions pain free & I pray to our Lord that it will stay that way. The fact that my bowel has been causing so much concern did have me a little worried, BUT I have complete faith in my doctors and I believe I will continue to enjoy my good recovery.

Helen, I have had seven laparotomies along the same bikini incision line and I have never experienced that horrible pain you describe! I guess I can be thankful that is one problem I haven't had to deal with. I have had the incision line open from the inside out, which was extremely painful & I now have a plastic mesh barrier across that bikini line to ensure that it doesn't happen again!

I pray Helen that one day, medical research will eventually find a way to solve the problem that causes you such a horrible and unrelenting pain.

Best wishes, love & hugs, Joey.

--
Love and gentle hugs,
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer