A breeze from the East

Tue Aug 13 12:20:04 2002

Hello All:

I know I haven't been very responsive lately, and I apologize for that. We all know the story - family problems, money problems, pain problems, all of which leads to a battle with depression, which ends up increasing the pain, and puts us into a vicious circle. I'm trying to get it under control, but the "outside influences" are causing the most trouble, the stuff that I can't control and can't ignore.

I know there have been quite a few newcomers to the message board that I should have responded to with encouragement, and I apologize to all that I haven't been there for.

ANNIE: Maybe you feel that you don't need the tests that your doctor is requesting, but you probably should have them done, to rule out all other causes if for no other reason. The more that they are able to rule out, the more chance you stand of getting effective medication or treatment. My personal opinion only, remember, but once they have ruled out all other causes for your pain, then they can focus on getting you the proper prescriptions or treatment for the adhesions that most likely are going to be the final diagnosis. Good luck.

ANTHEA: It has been great chatting with you these past few Wednesday evenings, and hope to catch you again tomorrow.

ANONYMOUS: Personally, if I can eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies, I know that my bowel movements are going to be "normal", but I can't exercise at all without increasing the pain levels. Housework in general is a no-no for me, as is biking, and some days just doing the grocery shopping is beyond me. For this reason, I have a wheelchair, which lets me do what I have to do on the days that I have to go out of the house. This does not apply to everyone - a lot of people have serious problems with fresh fruit and veggies, and some people are able to exercise without major problems. What works for one may not work as well or at all for another.

CLARE: Good to see you posting and picking up the slack that some of us "older" members haven't been able to do. And after reading the first section of this e-mail, you now have the answer to your question ;-)

JACKIE: The Invisible Disabilities site is a good one, and one that I have been directing some of the people around me to in an effort to help them understand why I have to live the way I do and can't always participate in the things I used to do. Welcome.

JENNY: I'm sorry you are getting the run around again, my friend. Keep your chin up, Jen, you know we are here for you.

LYNN: So sorry you had some hard times recently. We all feel that way from time to time. Don't take it to heart, we weren't ignoring you, just dealing with our own problems.

ROBIN M: I feel exactly the same way - and my worst enemy has become the vacuum cleaner. I hate that thing! Second on that list is the broom. Just the wrong motions I guess, because using either one sends the pain levels right through the roof and leaves me on the sofa in a ball of tears and pain.

SALLY: I enjoyed catching you last night, even if it was only for a second. Tonight or tomorrow night on either MSN or in the Bombo Beach chat room.

JO: I'm glad you are feeling so good. It was great chatting with Shane while you were in hospital, and I really enjoyed our chat last night. Remind me the next time we get together to send you some pics if I don't do it this afternoon. It may slip my mind before I finish my e-mail.

MILLIE: We haven't been able to hook up lately. I miss you my friend.

It's about time to put the feet up again. Hope everyone is having a decent day. Pain-free hugs to all.

Nancy in NB

Help spread the word. Find out more about National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week September 23-29, 2002, at http://www.invisibleillness.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: