My First Post

Tue Aug 6 09:52:23 2002

I have gotten a lot of information from this group and I want to say a big thank you to everyone who takes time out of their extremely painful days to answer all the posts. You are a true inspiration to the many of us who just read without the courage to share our story. My name is Jackie, I have suffered from adhesions for over 13 years. I have been in serious pain for the last 3 years. The doctors have told me that nothing is wrong, it's in my head, and I even had an OB/GYN tell me to stop being a baby about my menstrual cramps and to focus on something else. I have had internal sonograms, external sonograms, test after test. I am on my 5th OB/GYN and his solution last year was "you need to have a hysterectomy, it is the only solution, I won't give you anything more for the pain" needless to say I am shopping for a new doctor. Thank God for my PCP after a long talk with my husband (my angel my rock)he finally gave me some pain meds. Some days I just feel like this will never get better. I am 34 years old I have 4 children ages 15, 13, 8, & 5 (the last 3 were c-sections). I don't feel like a person anymore, every aspect of my life is controlled by my pain. Some days I can't make lunch for my kids, or go for a walk, or take them anywhere. I really feel like I am loosing my hope for the future, I want to be pain free- but i don't have the money to go see Dr.R in Penn, or Dr. Korell in germany. I guess I just feel lost. Well Thankyou for letting me vent. Jackie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: