Re: Dear All

Tue Jul 9 12:45:37 2002

Dear Robin:

I'm glad your hernia surgery went well, but I'm sorry you are having more pain. Considering the problems you are having, the pain and the isolation you are feeling because of the vehicle problems, is there any chance that the sleeping problems could be from depression? I know when I start worrying about the bills and what I can't do any more, I get really depressed and don't sleep well. Are you on anything for depression?

I know what it's like to feel alone. I went from driving taxi for 12 to 18 hours a day to not even driving our own vehicle. I was out every day meeting people, talking to people, feeling like I was being useful. Now I can't even manage to do my own housework some days. Cats are wonderful companions, and there are times when you feel like they understand every word you say, aren't there? I have two of my own - Baby is 13 and Priss is 6. Baby is my sooky, always wanting to lay on Mama, Priss is my talker. When I am on the computer, she sits on the arm of my chair to see what I am doing. They take turns sleeping next to me at night. But they can't speak to tell me I'm OK, I'm going to survive this.

Buspar is an anti-anxiety drug, so it may take some time to build up to an effective level in your system. I agree with your assessment of Neurontin, it can cause a lot of side-effects, not all of them beneficial. And it doesn't work the same for everyone. A friend of mine is on that for manic-depression, and it took a long while to get the doses to an effective level.

And I know what you mean about kids tying up the computers and the phone. My 21-year-old daughter just moved out a couple of weeks ago, and it is so nice to have my computer and my phone to myself again. Any chance of either setting a schedule for computer and phone time? Or would it be possible to put in a second phone line or even pick up a cheap second computer? I know it seems like an expensive solution, but it would give you access to the support that you need when you need it.

Hang in there kiddo. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Gentle hugs,

Nancy in NB

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: