Re: Dr. Presthus says tighten up abdominal muscles to get pain relief; due to adhesions?!!

Mon Jun 24 15:40:51 2002

I could never wear anything snug on my belly, just the thought gags me!!!!!! Can't believe they told you that!! I had to loosen all my elastic waist pants so that it is "just enough to hold them up" without any pressure at all...... and yet I have lost about 15 lbs.! Zipper pants.....definite no-no.....it has been years since I was able to wear them.

I know how you feel, my back doctor actually expected me to wear a back brace!! Right.....that's like wearing a girdle with abdominal pains and problems. My pain would increase immensely and I would throw up for sure (I also have a hiatal hernia). These doctors just don't "get it". Sorry you got his name from the board, not the first time it has happened. I think these doctors submit their names but all of them really aren't compassionate or knowledgeable, so who knows why they submit their names.

JEAN

"You can't spend the rest of your life letting someone else tell you how you feel, or tell you that you just see things wrong" - Dr. Phillip McGraw, Ph.D.

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of g. Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 5:12 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Dr. Presthus says tighten up abdominal muscles to get pain relief; due to adhesions?!!

Hello, I have been insulted(I feel) during last doc. appt He says, "it would'nt hurt if I could tighten up my ab. muscles to reduce pain from extensive intestinal/ pelvic wall adhesions; here is a "scrpit" for a tummy belt "to hold things in." I took his advice, got the belt,wore it and ended up in so much pain I had to take my LAST 2 pain killers just to get up and walk! So I tell his nurse this, and he NEVER even "bothers" to call me back!! And he's someone who came highly recommemnded from this website;(not to knock this website-at all!) I love most everything I learn here!!! Anybody have ANY comments? I'd love to hear them.

Thanks-

Sincerly,

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: