Try this relaxation technique - Chantale

Sun Jun 23 15:01:06 2002

Hi Sweet Chantale.......Sorry to hear that right now nothing is really working for your devil pain. Try this technique and with practice you can actually numb your pain. Go into a relaxing room, a room where you won't be disturbed. Let everyone know this is your time, your time to be alone. If you have a door in this room, close it and if you have to, put a "do not disturb" sign on the door. 1. Close your eyes and imagine that your right hand is becoming pleasantly warm and heavy. Each time you breath out, the pleasant sensation of warmth and heaviness becomes greater, until your hand feels so heavy it can hardly move (unless you want it to) 2. Now feel a pleasant numbness that begins in your right thumb, then moves to your second finger, the third finger, the fourth finger, and finally the fifth finger with each out-breath. The numbness spreads to the palm of your right hand and then to the back of the hand, stopping at the wrist. It is a pleasant, warm, heavy, and numb sensation only in your right hand. 3. Either physically place your right hand on your painful area, or imagine that the numbness in your right hand is moving there. When all the numbness has been absorbed into the area of pain, return to your focus word or breath. When you are ready to end this session, transfer the numbness back to your right hand. 4. Now feel the normal sensations coming into the back of your right hand, then the palm, the fifth finger, the fourth finger, the third finger, the second finger, and the thumb. Your hand still feels warm and heavy. 5. Gradually feel your hand becoming lighter and lighter with each breath. Feel it become normal, just like your left hand. 6. Count to three and open your eyes.

The more you practice this technique, the more quickly you can develop the sensation of numbness, which can be transferred to the area of pain. You can also make your own tape with these instructions to help you master this technique. That's what I've done and it makes it easier to listen to instructions with my own voice. I really hope this helps sweets........ Hugs with love, ~Chrissie xo's

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: