Re: My long day

Sat Jun 15 12:06:00 2002

Robin, Just wanted to tell you I'm praying for your rest. Take it easy and know you have friends here that care. I hope the days to come get better.

Love, Jill

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Robin Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2002 5:04 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: My long day

Dear All I had not slept much since my surgery. Thursday night/morning I was up on the computer at 1am. My daughter got up not feeling well. I gave her pepsid ac & stuff like that. Later she was throwing up & said her stomach hurt. At 3:30, she wanted to go to the hospital, but then fell asleep. At 6:30 we were up & she felt like throwing up again. Hubby & I talked with her & talked about all sorts of stuff. I gave her phenagrin, but she tossed it. Hubby went out of town, but told me to take her to the DR if she didn't get better. By 9 we were at the hospital. Then she was running a low grade fever. Blood count was normal, but when they pressed on her side, she had bad pain. By 10 they scheduled her for a scan of the appendix. It showed it was inlarged. By 2:10 she was in surgery. She will be staying in the hospital until Sunday because it was so infected that they wanted to give her lots of antibiotics. She was calm about the whole thing, even when they gave her the IV. The only thing she was worried about was getting adhesions from the surgery and of course, me. All day, she kept asking how I was doing. She came through surgery great. Last night before we left the hospital, Dad asked if she wanted one of us to stay with her, but she said no, that I needed to rest. She really likes the hospital with the moving bed, the TV and a phone, what else would a teenager want??!! When we left, she had been up walking around doing good. Please keep us both in your prayers for speedy recoveries & for Dan for the patients to put up with us both. love robin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: