what is the best route for healing ard

Sat Jun 8 12:54:58 2002

Hi everyone this is Flick here. I posted a few times a while back. I had the laprascopic gallbladder removal a year and a half ago and still feel a lot of discomfort all over my abdomen. i feel like I am stuffed full of tight rubber bands and rubber knots that pull when I try to exercise or stretch. My digestion and elimination seem fine. I am not in any severe pain but am still pretty uncomfortable with these constant tight sensations. They do get feeling inflamed after even going for a hike. This is a real drag for me, because I was a pro dancer and an avid surfer before this surgery. I don't want to take pain meds, because I just came off a horrible addiciton and withdrawal from tranquilizers I took for anxiety after this botched surgery and non-healing. The pulling even extends to the left of my naval where the small laprascopic scars are. the surgeon who did the operation won't even discuss it with me. I am afraid to get another surgery to try to correct this, since surgery caused it to start with. I am willing to try it though if there would be a good chance that the uncomfortable sensations would go away and I could dance and surf again. Does adhesion surgery, if it is successful, allow one to exercise vigorously again like in dancing or surfing without causing discomfort afterwards, or is this a completely hopeless situation? I know many in this group are in much worse pain than me, but it has still ruined the quality of my life and gotten me very depressed and anxious. I would much rather correct the problem that is causing the depression and anxiety than take pills to mask them. In fact, I can't take pills, because I am too sensitive to the side effects. I don't want to have another surgery to correct the adhesions if it would make things even worse or give me a bowell obstuction or something. I can afford to see the best surgeon for this, whoever or wherever they may be. Is Germany and Dr. Korrell really the best shot? i talked to Dr. Gerhart in Pa. and he wants to see a copy of my surgical report, to see if he can figure if I really have adhesions. Is it possible to have just some sort of tight scarring that feels uncomfortable that is not really adhesions? This is all very confusing and scarey for me. I have been getting a deep tissue therapy called myofascial release therapy. It feels like it sort of stretches the scarring out. has anyone ever heard of this and if it can be effective? Someone from the group wrote me and said that there is no massage therapy that can be effective for this. supposedly only surgery can work. Sorry for the long post. I am just venting and fishing for some hopeful answers. Best to all Flick

--
flick1@earthlink.net

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: