Re: Bladder Adhesions

Sun May 26 22:17:53 2002

Hi Robyn

There is such a thing as bladder adhesions, nad they cause all sorts of different symptoms, everything from incontinence and pain when the ladder is full, through to requiring to self catheterise (which is what I have to do).

Your bladder is like a balloon Robyn, and as it fills with urine it expands, when it is full, you get the feeling that you need to emty it....if everything is normal.

If it isn't, then you could leak, when you bend over to pick something up off the floor, when you cough or sneeze...all sorts of things. Sometimes you have the feeling that your bladder doesn't hold enough and that you feel pregnant because you are running to the bathroom constantly.

I have experienced most of the above, been to the urologist had cystocopies or hpowever they say or spell them, I have had my bladder stretched nothing worked!

During my last surgery all the adhesions were removed from my bladder and for the first time in two years I didn't need to catheterise to empty my bladder! I was thrilled.... then 8 days after my surgery, and an hour after discharge from hospital, I was involved in a car accident with my family in a car accident. Since then, my bladder has started to play it's silly games again & I need to catheterise....

So Robyn, be aware that yes, adhesions can cause problems, and going to a urologist will rule out all other reasons for whatever symptems you happen to be presenting with. My one piece of advice is, DON'T let them stretch your bladder! I have done some research since then & I shudder to think of the complications this procedure could have produced. The adhesions on the outside of the bladder stop it from having it's elasticity ....making incontinence problems more pronounced.

Please let us know how you get on

--
Love and gentle hugs,
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer