Help - my sister is very sick

Mon May 20 21:04:58 2002

I wouldn't even know where to begin. My younger sister who is now 43 years old needs help. She suffers with very, very severe adhesions. She has undergone many, many surgeries (since she was 16 years old) starting with ovarian cysts - leading to endrometrious, leading to a hysterectomy, leading to many laproscopic surgeries. She is now in the hospital with intestinal blockages caused from these adhesions. She has lost a lot of weight, has almost constant diarrhea, and is vomitting. She also has severe abdominal pain. Her current physician does not want to operate as he feels she is too "hot" to open up right now. He wants to stretch the intestines and then possibly do surgery at a later date. Unfortunately, my sister has gone this route before with absolutely no relief. To say that my sister is extremely depressed is an understatement. She lives her life in constant pain. Her OB/GYN does not want to treat her and also told her that she would be very hard pressed to find another physician who would take her case on. The adhesions have touched her bowels, intestines, bladder - basically every organ in her pelvis.

The reason I'm writing is to ask if anyone might be able to recommend a doctor in New York City or if someone could give some advice as to what we can do. My sister is at the end of her ropes and has even said she doesn't want to live this way - she's tired - and frankly I don't blame her.

Can anyone help??

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: