Re: Adhesions and bowel obstructions

Thu May 9 08:55:37 2002

Hi, Janice, Yesterday I went for a pelvic CT scan, but the Dr. ordered it without contrast. The tech said contrast maked scan show a lot better. So she went ahead and gave me the contrast. I am wondering what a pelvic Ct scan with contrast will show. I am terrified of blockages and more surgery. Do they spray your nose and throat before doing the n.g. tube? Millie. P.S. The tech also told me that a woman with the same problem as I have,( a hyst.) was just in there for the same thing.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Janice Simpson To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 7:21 PM Subject: Re: Adhesions and bowel obstructions

Hi Millie, I am sorry you are going through so much. First of all-that Dr of yours need a good class on compassion and why he decided to become a Dr. I only know through my own experience that when I had obstructions the only way they could diagnose it was with an X-ray of my abdomen. I have had the nasogastric tube and it is not pleasant but it is over shortly and it does help. Keep pushing your Dr. to do something or get someone else to help you (I know this is not easy) But remember we are here and whatever we can do to help we will do. Your friend Jan

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Millie Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 4:04 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Adhesions and bowel obstructions

I guess a stupid question would be the one I don't ask, so here goes. For the past nearly a week, I've been feeling like I don't move my bowels right. It's as if my insides are all jumbled up, and now even the little bit of loose stool I have (very little) doesn't want to come out. I have a funny feeling in the left side, especially. I also feel as if I have no urge to go. My questions are: How is a partial, or a total bowel obstruction diagnosed? How are they treated? Has anyone here ever had a nasogastric tube inserted while they were awake? I am terrified this is going to happen to me!!!! Should I seek out a surgeon, or a gastro, because I hurt so much and feel awful? Do xrays show anything, or do CT scans? I just do NOT want to end up being cut open again. I am TERRIFIED!!!!!!! I went to my family Dr., Thursday. Of course, I was in tears, but I told him I was in discomfort,(it's worse since then.) He didn't even press on my belly, nor did he do a rectal, when I told him it feels like either the rectum is out of place, or that I wonder if maybe the bowels have dropped, due to the hyst in2001. I got NO exam. I asked him to send me for hormone tests,as I feel they are out of whack. He only gave me something for depression. Please help, Please Karla, or Helen, or anyone. Thanks. Pain free hugs to all. Millie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : =

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: