Rosie from Sally

Wed May 8 18:12:38 2002

Dear Rosie, I'm sorry but I don't have many answers for you. I've had adhesions pain since 1967, but only really badly since 1998 when I had an hysterectomy. I would suggest that you go to the adhesions site http://www.adhesions.org and read the stories on the quilt plus articles of interest to your situation especially old emails from Helen Dynda about pain meds.

I thought I had it all figured out. I had new meds (oxycontin plus roxicodone for breakthrough pain and xanax for panic attacks). Now the theory that you should try not to take your meds unless you really need them is one theory, the other is that you take your meds on a schedule and not moralize about it at all. Well, I've had way too much moralisms in my past so I try to not take them when I don't really, really need them. But then I'm in agony and it takes a day or two for my body to adjust back to "normal". So I thought I had it all figured out and life was going to be so much better, but alas, alax, it doesn't work that way.

I've been on a merry-go-round of pain and anguish for days now. I can feel my adhesions pulling and twisting and getting bigger. So I'm afraid I don't have all the answers, maybe none. Just keep going and keep reading and caring about other people in need. It's good for you to try to help others even if its only a kind word. Takt care and good luck. Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: