Pain and tension - your help please

Wed May 8 17:54:04 2002

Hi everyone:

I have a question. I've been really struggling with the pain lately, and I've sort of developed a problem that I think is associated with how I deal with this pain. As some of you know, I'm not on any pain meds as my Dr won't try me on anything stronger than vioxx.

I'm clenching my teeth a lot. My periodentist gave me a retainer that I've worn at night for the last six months, but it seems to be getting worse. Now I can feel the tension throughout my head during the day, and I seem to be getting a lot of headaches lately (which really is not like me), and my eyes feel tired/sore. I think I'm so tense that I'm probably screwing up my face!! Goodness, I must look scarey!! LOL I just imagined what I must look like to my customers - good thing this is an auto parts business and most of the customers are male and too busy to notice!!

Seriously, has anyone else had a problem like this, or am I unique? Jo, do you or anyone else have any pointers to help me relax? I do the breathing, but my business is so busy lately (my shop forman's off sick again) that I really don't have time to turn around.... Focussing on relaxing is something I do in the late evenings now - no time during the day. Also, as I'm not sleeping so well (pain), I'm drinking more coffee to keep me going, and I know that this is also contributing to the tension. I'm in a vicious circle and I can't get out. Anyone got any helpful suggestions before I jump? (just joking)

Wishing you all pain free moments, hours and days.

--
Clare

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: