Re: Can I share...found relief from new med

Sun May 5 07:22:13 2002

Dawn, I, too, found that neurontin was effective for my pain when it was prescribed in high enough doseages. During one of my hospitalizations I was fortunate enough to have had the hospital pharmacist come and speak to me about the drugs I was taking and what I should be taking if I wanted to be pain free. He told me that very large amounts of neurontin were needed to keep the pain at bay...even with other meds. I believe I was on 900mg x 4 per day. The only problem came when I had my renal failure. My doctor removed me from the drug saying it caused too many side-effects. Karla

Dawn <anonymous@medispecialty.com> wrote: Hi all, This sight is a godsend. You are all brave and wonderful. I just wanted to share my good fortune with you. I have always avoided pain meds other than asprin as they make my bowel problem so much worse...not worth it. My GI doc just perscribed Neuronton (sp?) which is an epilepsy drug. Non- narcotic ( thought it does leave you a bit swimmy). REALLY helps me with the pain of adhesions and endo. Why did'nt they think of this years ago??? Not pain free but so much better. My uerogyns want to place a neuro stimulator in my back ???? I am skeptical but keeping an open mind. Best wishes to you all, Dawn

Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: