Re: Making a negative in to a positive or trying!

Thu May 2 12:22:18 2002

I think someone was posting on their worst doctor experiences awhile back...my brain was dead at the time, but I now have thought of what I consider to have been a very nasty experience. I live on a very limited disability income. About five years ago I had my phone disconnected (by the way, mine is disconnected right now...an error on the part of MCI, but we won't go into it because I am so angry). I couldn't afford to pay my bill but I had to have a phone...with long distance because my doctors were all long distance. Anyway, I went in to my doctor's office and met with her. Apparently her office had been trying to reach me but couldn't. I don't remember her exact words but she was very condescending about my inability to pay my phone bill. During the same appointment she made a comment about my weight. She told me that I shouldn't be eating pizza all the time. I was absolutely flabbergasted. I don't eat pizza but once every couple of months. She told me that I had been seen at Little Caeser's Pizza a large number of times and maybe if I didn't eat there so often I wouldn't have a weight problem or a money problem. I just about smacked her right there. My daughter lived right in the same block as Little Caesar's and I would drive through the alley and park my car by her garage. I shouldn't have had to explain myself because it was none of her darn business. As a matter of fact, I couldn't stand Little Caesar's pizzas so that would be the last place I would consider eating. I was fit to be tied when I went home that day. I sat down and wrote her a letter telling her how demeaning she had been. How I couldn't afford a phone because I lived on just under $600 at that time. I also went on to explain the pizza business but also told her that even if I ate there every day it wasn't really any of her business. I told her that she needed to develop some compassion for people who couldn't live the same lifestyle as she did. I did go back to see her after that and she actually thanked me for bringing her back to reality. She said that she needed to hear that once in awhile. But, it wasn't that long after that I left her for basically the same reason....lack of compassion. While my doctor right now hasn't always been the greatest (I think the run ins I have had with him are more the result of problems at home and overwork...although I know that's no excuse) he has really become a very compassionate man. He apologizes to me all the time for the way my life is...for my never feeling good. I don't think I would trade him for the world. Karla Sl72396@aol.com wrote: hey Tish I'm so sorry about your night. Thank you for your prayers!!! I hope your day goes better and GO AHEAD SEND THE LETTER!!!!!!! I'm thinking of doing the same. Maybe just Maybe it will wake some people up!!!!!! God only knows the pain keeps us awake enough lol!!! I honestly don't understand some doctors, when I had my surgery in Feb. I was so hopeful but all I got was worse pain and more problems. I even have some type of burn on the inside of my thigh that the doc didnt bother explaining how it got there ummm????? I also had a cyst come up on my labia that had to be drained but the doc had no idea what it was. My husband and I were joking last night about posting every doctors name that had failed us throughout this ordeal, of course then they would probally sue me lol. well sorry to rattle i really hope your day has a turn for the best. &! nbsp; shawnna

Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: