Re: entrapped nerve?

Wed Apr 24 17:31:58 2002

thanks for your reply. He is considered one of the best surgeons in my area and the reason it may not be able to be performed by scope is the trapped nerve may be between the abdominal wall and outside, something that the scope couldn't see or get. I have done my research and feel that rather then have repeated surgeries and not fix the problem I would rather have it over and done with hopefully by opening it,getting the nerve and closing it. If it were able to be done by scope I would do it that way for sure! Thanks for your concern.

At Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Karla N wrote: >
> Gidge....
>I am going to be very blunt here and it is not intended as an attack on you. Have you taken the time to research adhesions and the affect of surgery...particularly laparotomies on adhesion sufferers? What kind of doctor are you going to let operate on you? Is he one of the handful in the world that is having any success with the removal of adhesions? If not you are asking for trouble....even begging for it, if I may, by wanting a laparotomy! If the surgeon is good enough he will be able to perform your surgery via laprascope. Many people are told by their surgeons that it can't be done via laprascope...only to visit the experts and have even the worst case done exactly in that manner. Its because they aren't qualified...or good enough to make it through. In my personal opinion, and it is just that, I wouldn't let this doctor touch me...not even with a ten foot pole. He better be fully capable of performing the whole surgery via laprascope and he better use the proper techniqu
>e to prevent adhesion reformation.
>Karla
> gidge <gidgesmail@yahoo.ca> wrote: Hi Connie, thanks for your reply. No he is planning on only going in
>with the scope to get my left sided bowel adhesions, if he can't get at
>them with the scope he will open me, I would far rather he just open me
>(since he may have to anyways) and explore the right end of the incision
>but he seemed reluctant to do so, so I'm having a laparoscopy/possible
>laparotomy. I wonder if I can just aksk for it?
>
>t Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Cbowl17@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>Gidge,
>> I also have severe pain right above my incision which a general surgeon
>>told me the exact same thing..he said he thought I had an ilioinguinal
>>entrapped nerve..I just had a nerve block and it didn't work...in fact it
>>made the pain much worse for about a week...now he talks about doing trigger
>>injections...did your general surgeon decide he would go in and try to look
>>at the nerve??? Please let me know...Thanks, Connie B.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: