I'm new here!

Mon Apr 8 19:29:59 2002

Hello! I just found this site and I'm hoping some of the other members here can help me out. In Nov. of 2000 I had my first laparoscopy as I was having alot of constant pelvic pain. They did find adhesions and I was told they were around my intestines I believe. Well, of course I am still having the pain...it's like a pulling, tearing, burning, constant pain, like my insides are being dug out! I stopped focusing on the adhesions because in July of 2001 a Rheumatologist diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. I had begun to have all over body pain. Currently I am having less body pain and so now I am noticing the pelvic/bladder area pain. I am waiting for a referral to go see a Uro & GI doctor to rule out Interstital Cystitis and IBS. I guess if those doctors say I am fine, I will have to accept that it is the adhesions back. I also have low back pain and the pelvic pain that I get is usually directed to my right side; alot of pinching over there too. My stomach is HUGE...very embarrassing and I always try to suck it in and that is very exhausting. Can anyone tell me where I should start? Should I get the records from my surgery so I can see if the adhesions were very badly intruding on my intestines? Is the doctor obligated to give me a copy or are they suppossed to charge me for the records?? I'd like to have some information from anyone that knows about adhesions and blockages of the intestines...I have wondered about this also since I get constipated alot (it could be the pain killers!). I thank you in advance and hope to correspond here frequently even though I wish I didn't have to!! Be well, Deanna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: