Re: Intertissal Adhesions

Fri Apr 5 09:44:26 2002

Hi Karla:

Thanks so much for this - it explains a lot.

I hope that you are feeling a bit better.

Hugs,

--
Clare

At Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Karla N wrote: > >--- "Beverly J.Doucette" <BNB@new.rr.com> wrote: >> From: "Beverly J.Doucette" <BNB@new.rr.com> >> To: <Hchalm@aol.com> >> CC: "Karla N" <ifirgit@yahoo.com> >> Subject: Re: INCISION PAIN - KARLA ???? >> Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 17:39:37 -0600 >> >> Hello Dear.. >> I do recall you having chronic pain in the area of a >> rib, or rib cage...but nothing specific. I think you >> were told it was due to your smoking, your lungs, >> your muscles, your milk man..whatever excuse could >> be found for it, you were told it, correct?? >> >> Inter-tissial adhesions are more scar tissue then >> what we have discussed in intra-abdominal adhesions. >> Let me define this: >> The bodies healing system for wounds, be they >> external scars or internal adhesions, >> it is all the process of the body attempting to heal >> destroyed tissue. >> >> Intra-abdominal adhesions is in itself, a specific >> composition of tissue the body forms to heal itself >> due to it's location in the body, be it soft & filmy >> or vascular & thick of internal adhesion formation, >> that tissue is different then the composition of >> external scarring of wounds. >> >> External scar tissue is of a tough tissue >> composition then your derma layers, it is also >> different in color and less elastic then the derma, >> and we can see scars! >> The external scarring is also different based on >> race. Keloid scarring is more prevelent in African >> then in Caucasians. There is also many different >> degress of external scar tissue depending on the >> cause of the tissue distruction. >> Burns can create hypotrophic protracted scars that >> are hard, raised and contracted, thus pulling the >> skin tight..and not allowing for growth of that part >> of the body. The scarring will NOT expand over time, >> and very likely will cause a deformation or lack of >> movement in the part of the body affected by that >> type of scarring. of the limb or >> >> When an incision is made in a laporoscopic surgery, >> every layer of tissue is incised through by the >> scalpel. All layers of dermas, the adipose tissue, >> the fascia layer over the muscle tissue and the >> muscle itself..then the peritoneum or covering that >> encases the internal abdominal/pelvis organs. >> ( Look on any anatomy chart, the best is "Grey's >> Anatomy") >> >> Every layer of human tissue that was seperated in >> that incision has to be healed by the body, and the >> only way to do that is for the body to form some >> sort of " tissue composition" that will adhere to >> the wounded tissue and heal itself. In doing this to >> the different layers of tissue, the adhesive tissue >> will be located at every layer of the wound, and it >> will get hard and the elasticity of the surrounding >> tissue. This is throughout the whole incision, thus >> putting pressure on nerves located within the >> tissues, at times blood supply could be comprimised >> due to this " scarring" and it burns, pulls, hurts, >> and is unforgiving in movement if located in areas >> where the skin is meant to give or bend or move. >> >> The nerves that are " trapped" will react at the >> site or can create pain in areas of the bosy not >> even near the incision site, " reffered" pain it is >> called due to the nerve ending not being able to >> trigger correctly. ( Nerves are not actually " >> tapped" in the scar tissue, but due to the hard >> tissue of the sacrring, pressure is placed on the >> nerves and thus creating problems and debilitataing >> pain at times.) >> >> I hate to use this as an analogy, but...you look at >> a round steak and you see the white gristle, in >> order for us to be able to chew that round steak >> once cooked, we have to beat it to soften the fibers >> or tissue..right? Well, think about all that gristle >> being located in side a 7" incision that run from >> hip to hip and is thick, tight and hard..think you >> could sit long? Think how long it would take until >> the pressure of this scar starts to push on nerves >> in your abdoman as you sitting. Think how otten you >> might have an adhesiolysis becuase your surgeon >> never mentioned that THIS was also a complication of >> surgery..and more surgeries on top of that, >> c-sections one after another! And the surgeons laugh >> when they say they should oput a zipper in a woman >> who has had so many laprotmies!!! And they are >> simply crippling her n the end. >> >> There is no way to remove, soften or reverse the >> process of inter-trissial scarring...to have a scar >> revision will only create thicker scarring..these >> are not adhesions as in the cavity, they are more >> similar in composition of external scarring tissue! >> Can pressure from a nerve in the lower abdoman creat >> a pain in your thigh? Yes it can! Can an incision in >> your upper abdoman cause pain in your upper back? >> Yes it can! >> >> How do I know these things? Unfortunately it is from >> the patients themselves who are living these >> symtpoms, and have had these intertissial-adhesions >> seen in surgeries..adhesiolysis surgeries that did >> not show internal adhesions any longer...yet today >> they suffer disabling pain, and unforgivivng >> scars..and no hope for effective medical >> intervention no matter what adhesion barrier might >> be found..it will offer them nothing! >> >> Yes, Helen, you are probably one of thses people. We >> did not undrstand this a year ago, but we know it >> exists today. I do not know if I have material on >> this, I think I do. I do not have time to search for >> it in my files tonight dear, but I will lave your >> email open and try to get to it Sunday. You search >> everything you can on how the body heals >> itself...you are sufferring something very real and >> as a direct result of your surgeries for adhesion. I >> am sorry...I am so sorry for all of you who have to >> live with this now, again, maybe we can stop this >> from heppening to others, but that will not be >> headed for a long time, and for some, it will happen >> as they simply will not believe us..but we can try >> can't we honey!! >> >> LOve Bev >>

>>>> ----- Original Message ----- >> From: <Hchalm@aol.com> >> To: <BNB@new.rr.com> >> Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 1:58 PM >> Subject: Fwd: INCISION PAIN - KARLA ???? >> >> > >> >http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: