I need some helpful advice please...sorry this is so long...

Fri Apr 5 00:49:11 2002

Hi

I have been reading a lot of your messages and I hope that you might be able to help me. Please!!! I have undergone a barrage of tests in the last week for right sided abdominal pain, blood and xrays which have all come back normal. The doctor now says its just stress and wait and see what happens. It is not stress. I don't even feel stressed well I do with work, but not my body.

It is a sharp burning pain which I would describe like being stabbed with a hot burning knife, or like a tearing feeling inside which burns it varies depending on what I am doing. It is not constant but particularly noticeable when you move, cough, sneeze, bend over or use those abdominal muscles that you did not know that you had before I would say 7 on the pain scale which is pain that is there but I can continue doing normal things under duress, it seems to be located around the site of the jejunum illeal bypass scar.

Sometimes it comes without any provocation. I am finding it a little straining now to use my bowels (unusual because of the Jejunum illeal bypass surgery which causes diarrhea) and have had a recent bout of hemorrhoids. On the xray it showed a large mass of bowel on the right hand side, about the size of a baseball, however it appeared to be a link of bowel, I think. Recently I have been experiencing an excessive amount of wind (now getting that out does hurt severely), nausea, heartburn and distention of the abdomen. By that I mean it is larger than normal, I also have 12kgs of Polycystic Kidneys growing inside there which is sure to be making a mess of things and pushing them into places that they don't want to be.

It has only come this bad in the last five weeks that I can think of, though I have had right sided pain from time to time but not as prolonged as this is, I have a high pain threshold. I can remember a doctor telling me that some surgery I had a few years ago was difficult due to a large number of adhesions. I didn't think anything of it then because I didn't think that they were a problem. I have had major invasive surgery including a shortening of the jejunum illeal, SBS. Hysterectomy, Cholesystectomy, Aprondectomy, etc etc. Is it possible that what I am experiencing now is an adhesion and how do I get the doctor to listen to me. How would you describe the pain you experience with adhesions?

I hope that I can get some help here I am at my wits end with this now, and I don't think that I can live with this pain. It does hurt really badly.

Regards to you all

and thankyou.

--
Sandi
Australia

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: