Re: Comparing Symptoms

Mon Apr 1 00:43:13 2002

At Wed, 09 Jun 1999, Laura Newman wrote: >
>Oh yes B.J.!!! I am swollen like that ALL OF THE TIME!!! In the morning, it IS usually a little smaller but as soon as I get up and start moving around - boom - out it comes!!! Also, I have terrible, sharp, cutting pain when I start to move my bowels. It goes like this: sit until my feet go to sleep and I mean SLEEP; bowels are churning, and something starts; then the SHARP, kill me now pain that stops the movement in mid-move; cramps and more sharp pain; a few bits of stool followed by more pain; finally a little more then nothing else. Now, I need and enema or senakot to REALLY take me over the edge! By the way, I am practically dragging myself back to bed because remember, my feet went to sleep. Sometimes I can get one foot to get to the point it feels like pins sticking me so at least I can hobble with that and then I rub the blood back in once I am in bed!!! Boy, we are coming apart aren't we missy???!!!
>
>>>> B.J. Marra <bmarra1@nycap.rr.com> 05/03 6:48 PM >>>
>I'm curious if anyone has simular symptoms as myself and what is being
>done for them. I have sharp, stabbing pain in my right side. Sometimes
>just this pain. Other times, it is accompanied by other symptoms that
>seem to radiate from this source such as a pulling feeling in other
>areas of my abdomen. I have incredible lower back pain. Not always-but
>often enough. When my bowels move, once they hit a certain spot, it
>really hurts, then stops once they move past that point. (I don't have
>a bowel obstruction-supposedly) In addition, my abdomen gets all puffy
>and bloated looking. It's not my imagination, some days it's flat and
>then others it just balloons right up. Next to my bikini line incision
>I get a swollen spot about 4" long. It's very noticable and feels like
>a balloon filled with water! I've also noticed that about the same time
>each month, I have my worst bouts of pain, usually around the end of the
>month. Which coincides to the time I used to have my period. Weird
>huh? Anyone else experiencing stuff like this? Anyway, for those who
>read this, please respond and let me know if you are having simular
>experiences - especially the swelling. No one seems to be able to
>explain that one!
>
>--
>B.J.
>

--
These messages are a few years old. So, I am hoping that one of you are still reading this board.
I, too, am experiencing exactly the symptoms you have described - from the stabbing pain, to the weighted feeling like there is a balloon full of water sitting over my buttocks.
I can hardly walk - and, going to the bathroom is so painful.  Now, the heavy feeling is under my breasts - the pressure is so bad that I don't eat much anymore. I found that a liquid diet is the only way to relieve this pressure.

I have gone to doctor after doctor and no one will explain to me what is wrong. They all make me think that I am crazy.

Please tell me -- advise me -- what to do - what type of doctor to see - to get rid of this agony.

Patti

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: