Re: I'm Giving in to surgery.....

Tue Mar 26 12:07:01 2002

Dear Christina, What's wrong with opiates like oxycontin for pain relief, why surgery. Since most of us have had many surgeries and the pain came right back, (Here's where I say I'm not a doctor and can not give medical advice only that I am a fellow adhesions sufferer and can give my personal opinion) But I did not even get one pain free day from my operations. It just started all over again. So operations cause pain, most of the time they don't cure it. We're all praying spray gel, being used now in Germany will work, but have you tried printing out information from the adhesions stie, http://www.adhesions.org about pain and non-addiction and asking for oxycontin. Go back to the emails from Helen Dynda and download a lot of stuff and take it to your doctor or get a new doctor. Sorry to be so blunt. Now I'm not talking about situations where you have bowel blockages or cancer or infections, etc. But if you have pain and that seems to be the only problem(and I don't mean only as belittling, belief me) then pain relief is called for, not operations. Celebrex is fine in its place, but it doesn't cut the pain of adhesions. I think it helps a little though. Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: