Re: Sally

Mon Mar 18 08:33:37 2002

Dearest Sally:

I have met such wonderful people here that have helped me deal with my disease. I don't think I could have ever of made it without friends like you two and the many others that I have met here. We have formed a bond of friendship not only because we are ARD sufferers but because we have found friendship and love and comraderie and just truly like one another. We also understand what other human beings don't understand about living with this disease; we look fine on the outside and no one can understand what is going on in the inside this disease unless they have it. You don't know how many times I have tried to explain to others what is wrong with me and they just say well I had them and it took 30 mintues to get rid of them and I was back to work the next day, so what is your problem? I think they just think I enjoy staying on the pain meds and am a junkie. What a hurtful horrible thought. I would like them to walk in my shoes and feel the unrelentless pain day after day after day with no hope of a cure and see how they deal with it. These people I can live without, but here we all understand and no one condemns you for having to stay on pain medication, no one thinks you're a junkie, or enjoy taking pain pills every day of your life. Here we are accepted and aren't looked down upon.

I live in a very small town that I went to high school in and run into people that I've known for 20/30 years all the time. Even though I have this disease -I try to stay active in my children's school and am VP of the PTA, volunteer at school when I can, help with all the fundraisers when I can and some person that must not know me at all and evidently have never been in this kind of pain and can't find the time to volunteer at school or help out with the pTA had the odacity to say that didn't they know that I was the neighborhood druggie. I cried my eyes out about this one. How dare they, how dare they? Boy, I wish I knew who it was because I would take my operatives and pictures over to them and ask them how they think they could live with their organs adhered to places that they weren't supposed to be adhered to. Druggie, yes, guess you could call me that - I have to take the drugs in order to live, so let them call me that if they feel they must put me down. I'm sure it's one of those people that can't find a minute to volunteer their time at school even though they are healthy and have nothing better to do but sit around and talk about other people that they know nothing about the disease they are trying to live with. UGGGG!!! What ignorant, stupid heartless people.

Love,

Hell-yun

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: