Re: Sweet Helen C. and her family.

Sun Mar 17 21:15:33 2002

Dear Chrissie:

The new PS did a CPT Neurometer test on me in the office and said the findings were nerve entrapment by adhesions on my right side that is causing the right-sided rib pain and causing the pain in my legs. He has sent a letter off to another doctor to see if he agrees with his findings and says that I should have my ilio-hypogastric nerve deadened. This is something that I really want to check into before I would even consider letting them do this. All I need is a dead side. My other PCP when telling him this said that this nerve being deadened wouldn't help the rib pain as this nerve is to far down (he showed me in a book where the area would be that would be deadened) and it is at least 4 inches too low to help the rib area. Back to square one.

I don't know where to go now. I now have two PS's with two different opinions. Dr. S. (my first PS) did say that my pain has esculated (which it has in the last month - doubled) and that I needed additional help if I am holding old for the spray gel before considering surgery, so he offered me assistance with that. I just feel like I'm losing the battle of the pain (pain 10, Helen's stamina 5 and dropping). Anyone feel like that? Just like you can't take another day fighting and fighting this pain? Not sure if the adhesions have tightened up and are pulling extra hard on these nerves, but I'm getting afraid to leave the house because when it hits it's knocking me off my feet.

I looked through the archives to see about nerve entrapment and about having nerves deadened and what I saw was not favorable. This also really scares me if I would consider surgery as if they took down the adhesions this doesn't mean they would be able to stop the pain from the nerve entrapment. His stating too that it's nerve entrapment from adhesions is also a guess as it could just be nerve damage with no adhesions involved in that area at all. That's what my other PS said is that this is all guessing; could be nerve entrapment from adhesions, could just be nerve damage, or could be just adhesions.

I think I'm going to make an appointment with a Neurologist and see what they have to say.

Anyone know anything about having nerves deadened permanently?

Oh, I have an appointment with the Social Security doctor on Thursday to determine if I am eligible for disability or not. Should I have someone carry me in on a stretcher? Ha-ha.

Love, Hell-yun

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: