Re: Looking at another surgery

Thu Mar 14 06:37:04 2002

OMG@ I had to keep looking at this email to see if I wrote it, it is way to close to my current dilemma.

I too have the cystic ovarian remnant and am dealing with the pain on a daily basis. The Doc offered me the same meds but I tried to deal with just codeine. Not quit working. I also just had dental surgery and they gave me vicodin for that pain, seems to help more. The docs only gave me 20 pills of Codeine #3 for the month and I can go through that in a couple of days . I am now ordering the codeine myself through International sources to make sure I have it on hand.

Keep me posted on your condition and good luck

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Brenda Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 8:13 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Looking at another surgery

It has been awhile since I posted, I went to see a new doctor who was recommended to me from someone I met on this message board. He seems to know what he is talking about, he ran some test and found that the doctor who did my last surgery did not get all of the ovary tissue removed and it has regenerated itself and formed a cystic sack that is 26 cm he feels that that and the adhesions are causing me the horrible pain. He tired doing a nerve block to see if that helped the pain (it didn't) and has prescribed me pain meds to get through the days. He said that once the pain gets to the point that I can no longer stand it we would have to do another surgery. I am really scared this will be my 5th one in less than 3 years, but I am also scared of getting addicted to the pain meds, I have been taking alot in the past 2 months and already can tell that if I don't take them I feel really nervous and anxious. The delima is which is worse being addicted but being pain free while taking them or having the surgery with no guarentees that I will be pain free after it is over with and still have to go back to pain meds. How do all of you handle this and what are the best pain medication to take. I am taking Darvocett for the Mild pain Vicodine for bad and Stadol for the horrible pain. Somedays I wonder if this is how my life is going to be do I want to stay around. My 2 year old son and husband are all that keep me going. I really would appreciate any advice. Brenda

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: