Re: Having an Oxycontin problem - there wasn't one

Tue Mar 12 05:22:27 2002

Why does this post keep coming up when it is almost two years old and there was not a problem with addiction, but this person's pain was returning and she was confused if she was having pain from surgery or from getting off the oxycontin.

I hope I worded this correctly Chrissie, and not stepping on your toes, but this post keeps bugging me to no end and there needs to be a stop to it. I hope that you agree with me as it's none of my business but I just don't understand why it keeps popping up time and time again. Why would someone, once again, go through the archives from 2000 and dig this up?

Since this is not my post, but a beloved friend of mine, I have no right to ask that this be taken off the board, but, with permission, perhaps this is the best thing to do with this e-mail as it keeps getting pulled up time and time again and being misconstrued as there being a drug addiction problem at that time. Perhaps we should ask the moderator to just take it off the board. Chrissy, let me know your thoughts on this?

At Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Chrissy wrote: >hi how are you doing i see you have a problem with oxycontin well so do i Im
in recovery now and have been clean for a year its amazing what you get back when you are clean all we are is tornadoes ripping through the lives of other people.what I would suggest is go to an NA or AA meeting around your area and talk to one of them about it because it helped me and i was doing oxys for about 6 yrs and shooting them to. i wish the best for you if you need to talk sometime give me a call 740-574-6410 just remember ive been there and wish you the best ask for doug >Hi my friends,
>I'm having a problem coming off of the oxycontin pills. I started
>taking them over a year ago. First it was at 80 mgs. for almost the
>whole year - then down to 40mgs. Now that I have had my surgery with
>Dr. Reich and Dr. Redan of course I don't need the pills for the pain
>because my pain is not that bad. But OUCH am I having a hard time not
>taking them. I have only a few left and I am actually panicing that I
>don't have another prescription. I don't know if I am afraid not to
>take them because I remember the awful pain I had before I was on them,
>or my body is craving them.....I don't know which is worse. I fight NOT
>to take the pill cause I know I won't get anymore. My God if I knew it
>would be this hard before I started taking them I don't know if I would
>chose to take them. But at the time I started taking them I wanted