Re: Pain...How much is too much??

Fri Mar 8 06:42:31 2002

Dear Christy, I was 30 when I had my last child and always suffered with horrible cramping with my periods and migraines that put me to bed. I started having back pain after delivering my last child and went through all kinds of tests and injections of Xylocaine in my back which did absolutely nothing for me.Well I went to a GYN and he did Laparoscopy where he found adhesions in my culdesac I had never had surgery before in my life. Delivered all 3 children naturally with Lamaze method. Well I was painfree for approx 6 months and the pain returned so we decided to do a partial hyst I knew nothing about adhesions and the pain no one told me any different. I had the partial hyst and my ovaries stayed in and I was painfree for about 2 years. My ovaries were polycystic which means they made repetitive cysts and they would get grapefruit size and burst or shrink. Well anyways he decided to go back in and remove my left ovary because thats were the pain was well it was healthy but covered with adhesions and attached to vaginal cuff and bowel and abdominal wall. Well I was ok for a couple of years and this was another incision but in the same area. Then more cyst and pain. Well at this time I went to school in pain I went to nursing school and graduated and 1 month later had another surgeryto remove my right ovary. I never learned a thing about adhesions in Nursing school It must be a very well kept secret. Still had no Idea that the adhesions were my problem.Well not a year later I was in so much pain I couldn't handle it I was bent over in pain all the time and couldn't work eat or anything.Well the same doc decided he would go take a look .Well he found 5 kinks in my bowel and called in a surgeon who must have been related to the devil because he was so rude and ugly to me and my family. He opened me from just below the stomach to my pubic area cleaned out all the adhesions and removed my appendix and said don't come back unless your totally constipated. Well Needless to say I will never go back to even if I were dying keep him away from me. At that time I had bought this puter and my kids were wanting the Net. And I kept saying no I cant afford it I have all these medical bills to pay. Well the got on for free for a while to check it out.I decided one day to punch in adhesions and see what I would get well I found a very special angel who talked to me and told me I was not a quack It wasn't all in my head and there was hope. I got in touch with David Wiseman who referred me to his partner in my area. He is a wonderful caring man. He helped me and decided we would let him look inside to see if he could atleast get a barrier in. He was pretty confident he could do this. Well we had a hard time finding a General surgeon to assist if it got too hectic for him alone we found one but he canceled out last minute. Well we should have taken it as a sign. But we decided to try again and we found a very young and intelligent and wonderful doc to assist. They went in Busted my bowel at entry and had to wind up taken about a few inches out and worked for 6 hours to take down adhesions and fit in some Suprafilm. When I woke up my husband was crying at my side and I thought I had a deadly disease or something. No he said you were gone so long I was worried. Well that doc talked about this surgery like my God I have never seen the likes of this.He said you have devilish thick and abnormal adhesions in 25 years of surgery I never seen anything of the sort.Well I totally pain free and walked out that hospital without an aspirin no pain. YES!! Got really sick 2 weeks later but was still painfree.^ weeks checkup fine .71/2 weeks BAM!!!Here we are we didn't forget you we are back and worse than ever. It is now almost nine months later and I have finally found a PAin Management doc to help me with the pain. Going back in is not an option. NO MORE SURGERY .Not even Dr Korell will try I sent him my history and he said at this point it is better to try all alternatives besides surgery. So you see Surgery is not the big answer. And I think if you read Karlas story you will agree that it is not . Our medical system has failed us. And they are keeping a very big hush on it.

Until about 5 years ago I was a go getter now I am a almost nothing. Lillian

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: