Re: To Em - Re: adhesions on ovaries

Sun Feb 24 23:16:01 2002

At Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Libby wrote: >
>Hi Em -
>
>Thanks for your reply - are you from WA? If so, where....I'm north of
>Seattle, in Everett. Did you have the hyst because of endo? (I hope
>that's OK to ask) Were your adhesions from endo or some other source?
>I've been told mine are from PID, but they can't seem to tell me when I
>got the infection, and I've never had an STD. Thanks for sharing your
>story, it does help to talk to others experiencing the same symptoms...
>
>Thanks,
>Libby :O)

Hi Libby, No, I had a large fibroid, well not as large as some people have, but it caused heavy bleeding, and pain. I went in for a removal via a lap, but the blood supply was too much, and I would have bled out. I chose to go for the hysterectomy, I have three girls. I wish to hell I had known about adhesions. Nowhere did anyone mention adhesions to me, nor did I see any reference on the internet. I did not too hard, god what a mistake! After my last adhesiolysis, I went to Houston, no-one over here in SPOKANE believed my pain, so I needed to know that I was not crazy. Anyway, my ovaries had a white substance in them, but I have not gotten the path report back, I owe the hospital BIG. Probably why they will not release records. I have pain radiating from my right ovary, with a feeling of being attached to my right side, maybe gallbladder?, and up in my ribs. It is weird, because the rib pain is new. I am seeing a pain doctor in Edmonds next month, so we will see. My familr doctor refused to treat me anymore for pain. Said, "I can't find anything wrong with you." I am debating seeing Dr. Redwine, but again $$, and I am not sure the surgery route is what I want I want. But, if the medication relief is not going to be an option for me I will seek out another lap/adhesiolysis. I went to Barbara Levy in Seattle, it was horrid. Write me sometime and I 'll tell you about it. I's consider a consult with Dr. Redwine. His office staff are very prfoessional, and seem understanding. Good luck...let me know if I can help. Please let me know what you find out. em >
>At Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Em wrote:
>>
>>I also had adhesions wrapped around my ovaries, thus adhesiolysis was
>>performed due to pain. I have pain when I ovulate, but had a
>>hysterectomy, so no more bleeding. It is increibly painful for me for
>>roughly 1 1/2 weeks out of the month. I think this is due to the fact
>>that more adhesions have formed. Dr. Redwine is supposedly a great
>>endo surgeon, so I have heard. I will probably go to him in the near
>>future. Endo, from what I know, which is not much, causes pain, and
>>especially if the ovaries and tubes are involved. Ask questions, and do
>>not give up. Good luck.
>>em/WA, state