Re: Susan from Sally/Standford

Thu Jan 17 12:47:48 2002

Dear Susan, I've been thinking long and hard how to reply to your email about Stanford. Most of Stanford is great. Please send me the names of the doctors you are seeing. Two are under criminal indictment right now for questionable practices. I believe Stanford is still allowing them on their staff. I had a rather bad time there, but you may have a good one. The doctor I saw (five minutes) told me nothing except that I seemed "weepy" (after a major, hard, hands on physical exploration of my abdomen that just about sent me into sobbing, I thought weepy was pretty good on my part. He also said he had a few ideas, but wouldn't tell me what they were. He suggested that I see a psychiatrist. They then sent me home, hours away, and said they would get back to me. They never did. And I couldn't get back to them as their answer machine was either full or they chose not to reply back to me. I did get a bill however. I paid it, because I don't want to ruin my credit and he did "see" me. I have since decided that I don't want them anywhere near my body.

You may have an entirely different experience. It seems like you will probably be going to a different department. I went specifically for adhesions, So I don't want mine to influence yours and I don't even know if I should be telling you all of this. It's so hard to know what is right.

All my love and best wishes, Love, Sally Grigg

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: