Dr. Appointment

Mon Dec 10 06:52:39 2001

I went to see Dr. Diamond last Friday. I wasn't expecting much after hearing about Cheryl's experience, but I was pleasantly surprised. He was very nice and took alot of time to talk to me. I didn't go to see him with the hope of having anything done. I wanted to talk to a doctor knowledgable about adhesions, because up to now none of the doctors I've seen actually said I have adhesions although I've known it for a long time. My last doctor, after doing a laparoscopy and cleaning up tons of "very dense adhesions" told me he doesn't think adhesions were my problem although he had no other explanation. Dr. Diamond said he was about 98% sure adhesions are my problem, but he wouldn't do anything unless I developed serious problems, like bowel obstruction. He said I wasn't crazy, or that it was all in my head. He recommended that I go to painmanagement to try to live with it. He recommended a colo-rectal surgeon in Cleveland if I get to the point of needing something done. That is over a 2 hour drive for me, and I'm not sure if I would be able to handle that if I end up with an obstruction. But I guess I'll deal with that if I ever get to that point. I was hoping to have a doctor I am comfortable with already familiar with me and my case. Oh well I'm nowhere close to that point right now. It was nice to talk to him,someone that is sympathetic to what I'm going through. He was very nice, and concerned that I find a way to deal with this. I have my first appointment at the pain clinic tommorow. I'll let you all know how that goes, just wanted to tell you that I was very pleasantly surprised how well my appointment with Dr. Diamond went.

--
Lisa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: