To Lin and other who were concerned about me.

Thu Dec 6 18:52:38 2001

I wanted to keep you posted on my pain. Well, last night I finally decided to go to the ER. My best friend came 45 miles just to help me. By the time she had arrived at my house I was in so much pain that I couldn't walk. We went to the hospital were my friend had a nurse come out with a wheel chair because I couldn't even straighten out my legs. I was crying just by getting from the car to the wheel chair. The nurse brought me in front of the triage nurse and said. " Can you please take this poor girl in now? She has been crying and is in alot of pain, she needs to lie down." The triage nurse said that she had five people in front of me and I would have to just wait. Hey I understood that because it is the ER. Finally I was brought back and had tried to get comfortable on the gurney when this nurse came in and said you need to get undressed and threw a johnny at me. ( Very nice ) My friend had to help me get undressed. The doc came in not to long after that, and he asked me why I was there. I explained to him that I was haveing excruciating pain, and haven't been able to hold any solid foods down. ( My friend was in there to back me up ) He came over to me literally pushed on my extremely painfull belly, I almost broke my friends hand. He said that we would get some labs and give me some fluids. Nurse came in and started the I.V and gave me some medicine. My friend asked her what the medicine was, and the nurse said " Toradol " Hey I'll give anything a shot once. But it didn't work . My friend and I both told the nurse and the Doctor at different times that the medicine wasn't working and to please help. They ignored me. Finally at 1:30 in the morning , after lying there in pain all night crying my eyes out the doc came back in and said my labs were normal ( which was good ) and it looked like the medicine helped and I was going home. I was like what???? I said No the medicine did not help and I have been lying here in pain all night. He ignored me again walked out of the room. The nurse came back and said to see my doc in the moring. My pain , on a scale from one to ten was about a 8/ 1/2 to 9 and that is the same way I left. So I called my doctor who was in the office finally and got an appointment. When I went in I had a fever and my BP was high and my doc checked my belly and uped my meds and added neurontin. He said if it got any worse to call the office. So, this is my life? Is this really what I have to go through forever? Sometimes I wish something would show up in my blood just so I can say hey maybe I'll get treated. I am so frustrated. I am so sick of medication and pain. Well, I just wanted to share my experience from last night. Thanks for letting me vent. I am still feeling awefull, but I guess I am just going to have to give it time. Always, Bonnie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: