Tuesday, 4 December 2001

Mon Dec 3 12:59:58 2001

Z Good morning my friends from the other side of the ocean and across the world!

Gee - I have a lot to learn about this computer stuff! Sorry guys - didn't know my pictures were taking up too much room!

This is truly an UNBELIEVABLE day. I have a semi bowel blockage - time to stop eating and go on a liquid diet me thinks! Oh BOY!! Does it ever hurt. As you can imagine - I didn't have a very good night last night - and am seriously considering going back to bed after I have started my bread dough - John took the last 'store bought bread' out of the freezer this morning and we don't have enough money left over to buy some more - not until he gets paid on Thursday. Not that it matters in the least - my pantry is well stocked - I'm not going to run out of anything in a hurry.

Right - time for some Sevredol. I've got a little electronic organiser - which comes in very handy - I have programmed it to beep each time I need to take my medication - something which I need to do on a regular basis - especially now with the B.B.

Please excuse me for a moment while I need my 'starter' dough - I am making a delicious Italian loaf today - it's a huge loaf and will last us for the next two days - it's also a very soft bread - ideal for making sandwiches.

Right that's done! Now I leave my starter to rest until lunch time - then I make the rest of the dough. It's a lot of work, but worth it, besides, gives me a reason to get up and do something.

L I am feeling so jolly emotional! Too many stupid hormones! All this pain is not helping me either. Incidentally - I checked my calendar last night - and I am 9 days overdue for my period... But I don't want to get too excited too soon. I'm just going to wait and see what happens, we've been disappointed so many times before. There is one thing that is on my mind - if I am pregnant - how much harm could the Sevredol do? I'm in no position to do anything about it at this point - I wouldn't be able to cope with the pain. Oh well, I guess I should just stop worrying - John calls me a "worry wart"! How I wish that sometimes I could just switch my brain off - so I can get some peace! It's hard to believe that just a few months ago I was such a Zombie - who couldn't hold a conversation - and who was sleeping her life away! Now I can't shut my brain up! There are thought racing through my mind constantly, it's driving me a little crazy.

J I am pretty excited about something though! On the weekend I found a correspondence school - The Australasian College of Herbal Studies - at http://www.0800herb.co.nz (I've always been keen about herbs and natural remedies.) Anyway, they have several courses - one of them a two year diploma in Herbal Studies. So I emailed them asking them to send me a prospectus. And the lady from the college replied back that it was coming in the mail - and explained that they have easy instalment options. The course covers: Anatomy & Physiology (Articular, Circulatory Digestive, Endocrine, Liver, Lymphatic, Muscular, Nervous, Perspiratory, Reproductive, Skeletal, Skin, Special Senses, and Urinary), Differential Diagnosis (Case taking, diagnosis for external signs (skin, hair, tongue, nails and facial signs), Iridology, Reflexology, Herbal Remedies and the law), Active Principles in Botanicals; Collecting, Growing, Drying, and Sorting Herbs, Poisonous Plants, Aromatherapy, Flower Essences, Nutrition Part I and II, Yin Yang Philosophy; iridology; Homoeopathy; Homoeopathic First Aid; Wild Herbs and Weeds; Veterinary Herbal Treatments; First Aid; Skin Care; Vitamins and Minerals in Herbs; Preparing, Dispensing and Administering Medicines; Herbal Infusions and Teas. ALL THINGS I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN!! The Fees are not too bad considering: (Prices quoted $NZ) Full One payment of $1050.00 Term Three x 2 monthly payments of $380.00 Total $1140.00 Instalments Twelve x monthly payments of $105.00 Total $1260.00 Perhaps I could get a student loan.

I think it will be good to do a course - I need to keep busy. Plus I was already planning on beginning another herb garden - in my previous home I had a very small garden, but I had collected together an impressive amount of herbs. And I am always dreaming of having a small business from home - plus I may be able to help myself.

Well, I'm going to love and leave you for now. I'm going to lie down and have a nap, I'm falling asleep just sitting here. Hopefully when I wake up I'll feel refreshed and my mood will have improved. (I could really do with some chocolate!)

Love you,

Lin Y

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: