Karla- teaching hospitals

Tue Nov 27 02:15:12 2001

Karla, That is what I hate about the teaching hospitals. The residents could kill you learning!! When I went to the one in Philly I wasn't impressed with my care AT ALL.......nothing like the smaller hospitals where I live!! They spend all their time talking to the resident and it is like you aren't even there. If you are lucky "maybe" you can catch something he says to the resident so you have "some" information about your case!!

I was even almost taken for the wrong surgery and had to be taken back to the holding room when it was discovered! I could write a book about my experiences there. My experiences at that hospital were not good memories at all!

I feel they made my hip even worse than it was before. Now I am totally missing 3" to 4" of my bone, and also have allot of bone loss where there is bone remaining due to the extra large prosthesis they put in compared to what I had before (and I am not a big person). There is even a bone fragment in there now for some reason. I also now have great difficulty lifting that leg while laying on my side and can't lift it very far, and didn't before. The new surgeon is concerned about that!

I really wonder if my surgeon did the surgeries or if the resident really did!!

JEAN

"OLD" IS WHEN..... Your sweetie says, "Let's go upstairs and make love," and you answer, "Pick one, I can't do both!"

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Karla Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 3:51 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Cindy & Karla- central lines

It is a dangerous procedure. When I have them done in Milwaukee they take me to ICU to do it...and they always do a chest x-ray following it. Here in my local hospital one doctor does it right in the room...but he is the best when it comes to doing it....very little pain at all. I had one done once in Milwaukee where my surgeon was teaching residents how to do it. The resident hit an artery instead of a vein. The blood came blasting out shooting up into my ear and all over. I was so scared. It definitely had the surgeon going too.

Karla

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: